Saturday, March 29, 2014

Author Interview: Isobelle Cate

Forever at Midnight

The Cynn Cruor Bloodline Series: Book 2

By Isobelle Cate 

*Warning: Contains explicit content and graphic details. 18+ Audience

SYNOPSIS

Picking up where Book 1, Rapture at Midnight, left off – Book 2 in “The Cynn Cruor Bloodline Series”

Roarke catches a glimpse of Deanna in Dac Valerian’s club. He is unable to believe that Deanna is alive when he buried her himself nearly five hundred years before. He searches for her in the streets of Manchester just to prove that he hasn’t lost his mind.  But when Deanna turns up on the street facing the Cynn Cruor’s headquarters, Roarke needs to know why she hid herself from him.

Knowing that her secret can only destroy whatever feelings Roarke has left for her, Deanna remains silent until circumstances force her to reveal everything.

Hearts are broken on both sides but Roarke and Deanna have to work together if they are to find a way of ending Dac and the Scatha Cruor’s power once and for all. Desire rises and passions are rekindled.

Will their pursuit of Dac lead to another chance at happiness?

Or will it forever tear them apart?



Goodreads

Amazon US

Amazon UK

 

EXCERPT


Soon, Roarke ended the kiss. Deanna gloried at the pleasure she felt when gold flecks materialized against his pupils. She touched the sides of his eyes.

“I missed seeing those,” she whispered before cupping his face. He turned to kiss her palm. She sighed. “If only for tonight, make love to me again, Roarke. Make love to me so I can forget.”

She saw emotion flit through his eyes before it was gone. Her heart was in her throat, afraid he would refuse. Then his head bent down.

He kissed her again, but this time it was soft and tender, even while his hand was wreaking havoc with her body. Her clit throbbed when he rolled her hardened nipples with his thumb and forefinger before palming her globes lovingly. She closed her eyes, giving in to the moment, her breath coming out in moans and gasps. Then her mouth opened in a silent cry, feeling his tongue flick and suck on her breasts again. She lost all coherent thought, holding on to his shoulders. Lust thundered through her, lighting her up like a fireball.

Roarke scooped her up and walked through the French doors and into the warmth of the loft. With her face against his neck, she inhaled deeply before flicking her tongue and sucking on the pulse at the base of his throat.

“Where?” he growled, his desire unsuppressed.

Mutely, Deanna pointed to the stairs which led to her bedroom. Instead of using the stairs, Roarke catapulted them to the open room's landing with one jump.

There wouldn't be any recriminations tonight. This moment would be for knowing each other's bodies again. To make up for all the lost time.

Author Interview

 
Thank you so much for having me guest in your blog.

What inspired you to write Forever at Midnight?

This was the second book in the Cynn Cruor Bloodline series.  I was in the middle of writing Rapture at Midnight, which is Finn and Eirene’s story when I suddenly thought of Roarke and who his mate was. It may sound like a cliché, but it suddenly hit me that Roarke’s story was going to be bittersweet. Why? Because he should have already died over five centuries ago when he buried his mate. It’s the 21st century and he’s still alive which begs the question why? Another cliché….true love never dies. I’m a romantic at heart and I believe that time will not erase or destroy true love.

Which character in your book would you say you are most like? If any.

I’d say Eirene.

What inspired you to become a writer?

My love of books. I loved to read mysteries and even read the entire New Book of Knowledge Encyclopaedia (FB wasn’t even an idea then) when I had nothing better to do. Then I graduated to Teenage romance then Mills and Boon.  I thought then that it would be nice to be a writer. It has taken several decades to make my dream come true.

What are you most excited about the most for readers to experience/learn from your newest book?

Ahh….that’s a good one. It has something to do with silver. ;) As a paranormal author I try to find new ways of dealing with the topics of vampires, werewolves, and other shapeshifters. Readers of Rapture at Midnight and Forever at Midnight will know about the Kinaré gene and what it does to a Cynn Cruor warrior. I hope your readers will get to know them too. J

In the next book, they will see a foreshadowing of what silver does to this race of immortals.

Were you scared when you first published? Did you feel exposed or vulnerable?

Yes, yes, and yes. :D The first time I was published (under Secret Cravings Publishing), I couldn’t believe it. I think all authors go through that, barring none, the first time they see their work out there. Exposed? Definitely, because you give up a little piece of your privacy. Vulnerable? Absolutely! You are now at the mercy of people who will read your story.  They will either love it, consider it bleh!, think it’s okay, or pan it even though they have not read it. This last group gives the word “osmosis” a whole new meaning.

What do you do on your down time? What do you do to relax?

Read and exercise. I just started on the latter a month ago and it really helps reboot the grey cells, as Hercule Poirot puts it. Sometimes my mind is just so shot that I can’t even think of the next word to write. That’s when I know that I need to give myself a break, though a part of me objects.
If I feel like it, I go to the city centre and stay in a café and people watch. It’s an incredibly interesting thing to do.

What do you love most about being a writer/author?

It gives me an excuse to listen to the voices in my head. ;)

What do you hate most about being a writer/author?

The voices in my head don’t want to stop talking.  It’s like a convention inside sometimes!

What writers/authors have inspired you?

Oh a lot! Kahlil Gibran is a big inspiration.  Then there are the authors like the late Kathleen Woodiwiss and the late Marion Zimmer Bradley.  The list goes on with Stephen Lawrence, A.N. Roquelaure, Donna Grant, Tina Folsom, Sable Hunter, Natasza Waters, N.J. Walters, Katherine Rhodes, the list goes on. They are very good wordsmiths and I just keep on learning from them.

When you get stuck in a story, how do you get through it?

Good question.  When this happens I sometimes feel that I’m being cooked in a cauldron. I need to stand up and get away and sit down and stay put at the same time. Getting stuck, for me, just shows me that my story isn’t going anywhere if I follow the dead end. So I sit back, chew on my lip, glare at the screen (like that’s going to help the story one bit!), and resign myself to take another path.

Do you listen to music when you write?

Absolutely. I get some of my inspiration from the songs I listen to. They’re pretty eclectic: Lady Antebellum, Luke Bryant, Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, Script, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Bach, Fourplay, Soul Ballet, Workshy….I’ll probably fill out half a page. ;-)

Can you write anywhere? Or do you need a specific place to write?

I can write anywhere. When the dining room is not in use, it becomes my writing cave. When it’s in use, I move to a different part of the house and it becomes Isobelle’s writing cave, too.

Do you have advice for aspiring authors?

Never give up. I know it’s hard and there were times that I just wanted to throw in the towel until I decided to concentrate on the silver lining behind every cloud I got. I’ve had rejections and it smarts but just keep moving forward to reach your dream of becoming a writer. Go indie if you want, however, I advice you to have a good editor. Readers have become very discriminating and very discerning of the books that have come out. You wouldn’t want them to stop reading after they’ve seen a typo error.

Keep writing and keep reading. Learn from those who have been able to publish. Look for their voice and you will find your own. It can be frustrating to aim for say, 5000 words in a day but you’re able to do so for one reason or the other. If you’ve just written ten words, that’s fine. A sentence is much better than not writing anything at all.

Finally, don’t procrastinate. The world will keep revolving without you. The time you waste procrastinating will never come back and you’ll just feel bad for the lost opportunity. No one else is going to kick you in the behind. People will give you words of encouragement. They don’t need to pull you up by your bootstraps.  You can do that yourself.

What was the worst advice you were given in the beginning of your writing career?

I never received bad advice as such; but when I was very young and I started weaving stories, I was told that I fantasized too much and it was bad. That put me off writing for a while.

What was the best advice you were given in the beginning of your writing career?

The same advice I wrote above. Always, please always….learn and read. It’s the only way you can become a better writer.

Thank you once again for having me and thank you to your readers.
Love,
Isobelle
 

 Follow Isobelle!

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Goodreads | Website

No comments:

Post a Comment