Monday, September 30, 2013

Too Late... & Times Bandage - My Poetry at 16 years old

I felt as though this would be a great place to share some of my poetry. I have a few poems that I wrote when I was 16 years old. I know that I have many more somewhere, but they are not saved anywhere electronically as these were. I found it interesting to compare them to my more current work.


Too Late...

Where are you when I need you?
Why did you go so soon?
I didn't get the chance to tell you, 
all I wanted to say. 
I miss you so much,
and I think of you every day.
Now what do I do? 
Now where do I go?
When will I see you again?
Will I have to wait until the end?
The end of time? I wish I could see you,
just one more time. Just go back to that day.
That awful day, your last day,
I want to tell myself to call,
not to wait any longer,
Now is the time, never wait.
Never wait to say how you feel.
Never wait,
because sometimes it will be too late....

Too late to say....I Love you!!



Times Bandage

They say time heals all wounds,
But time only wraps them up,
Tighter and tighter so the pain weakens,
But the pain is still there,
It will never be healed,
It will never be gone,
It will only be lessened by times bandage,
The scars underneath are still there,
Just like they have been all along,
Your heart tries to forget,
Don't let your heart forget,
Because the memories that cause pain,
Are the only memories that you have,
They are all you have to hold onto,
Don't let times bandages take them away,
Because the most important of all,
Is the memory of pain,
And the memory of happiness,
Sometimes you have to bear the pain,
To remember the happiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment