Sunday, January 19, 2014

Best Vampire Fiction



Vampire related series fiction has gained popularity over the last decade or two, and for good reason. Vampire fiction almost always includes romance, inner conflict, struggles between good and evil, and characters that see people for who they really are rather than what’s on the surface. Paranormal abilities and immortality are another great aspect, giving writers the chance to use their creativity and create a world where the impossible is possible.

As a fan of vampire fiction, I have read a fair amount of it. However, there are so many options available now that I have not had the opportunity to read, though many titles are on my to-read list. As I experience more, I will update this list. Subscribing to my blog will ensure that you receive notification as new posts are added.

Here are my ‘Best Vampire Fiction’ recommendations. I hope you enjoy them too!

Young Adult
(also enjoyable for mature audiences)


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


The Vampire Diaries 

The Vampire Diaries by L.J.Smith


The Vampire Diaries: The Hunters by Anonymous Ghostwriter

The Vampire Diaries: Salvation by Ghostwriter

The Vampire Diaries: Stefan’s Diaries by Ghostwriters

The Twilight Saga by Stephanie Meyer


The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause 

Dracula by Bram Stoker 


Mature Audience (Mainstream)




The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris

The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice


The titles listed below are those that I have stuck to because I really enjoyed them in the beginning. The stories are amazing and they are quite addictive in the beginning. However, at some point they turned into predictable and sometimes annoying. Many people enjoy these titles, and I will continue to read them, but my enjoyment in these series has transitioned to curiosity and a need to finish what I started.

Love & Hate (Or is it love to hate?)


House of Night by P.C. Cast & Kristen Cast (Young Adult)

Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter by Laurel K. Hamilton (Mature Adult)

I am currently working on posting my book reviews for each of these titles, but it will take some time to complete them all. Check back over the next few weeks for my full reviews for these titles. Subscribing to my blog will ensure that you receive updates when new posts are entered.

Do you have any favorites not mentioned here that you’d like to add to the list? Comment below and list your own ‘Best Of Vampire Fiction.’

No comments:

Post a Comment